* News : Arrivée de Su Li, Nanoelec/C2N meeting, NanoSaclay Nanoelec meeting, Proposition of project with… Hong Kong ? And Germany. On carbon based devices, Mai Chung will come in Orsay on 23 October. December 3th, HDR defence by Jérôme. GNM paper from Salim almost accepted by APL (minor revisions).
* Présentation de Truong : Eg(Eff) in graphene
Présents : Truong, Phi, Jérôme * 2, Christophe, Su Li, Arnaud, Adrien, Michele.
Arrivée de Su Li (Phd) + Florian V. (projet ECP) jusqu’à mars
Nanoelec/C2N half-day meeting -> 22/11 afternoon. Ppt from Michele to be prepared?
NanoSaclay Nanoelec meeting -> a website but no announcement… Free for students but not for other people. See http://nanosaclay2013.ief.u-psud.fr/nanosaclay2013/.
Proposition of project with… Hong Kong ? And Germany. On carbon based devices.
Mai Chung will come in Orsay on 23 October.
December 3th, HDR defence by Jérôme.
GNM paper from Salim almost accepted by APL (minor revisions).
Présentation de Truong (2nd Oct-Group meeting)
Energy gap vs. graphene and BN nanoribbons. In BN, too big gap, low group velocity.
Work: opening and controlling the bandgapin G/BN heterostructures, by changing structural parameters or by an electric field. Then electron transport.
Tight binding hamiltonien. NEGF for transport.
It would be useful to calculate the effective mass at the bottom of the bands…
Gap modulated by the electric field, why ? mixing between Edge states vs. bulk states ? Cf. past work of Truong about topological insulators. Interesting to investigate more in details.
I(V) curves show Ion/Ioff ration around 100, even if the length of the active region is very short…
– study of band mixing and link with Eg(E)
– Wave function and charge localization
– charge localisation and distrubtion of (non uniform) electric field